Who gets sick and how to prevent it.
Dr. Gabor Maté
In this podcast here’s a few things that stood out to me.
- One who tends to put others emotional needs compulsively above their own
- People tend to be overidentified with duty, role, and responsibility rather than the needs of themselves
- People who repress healthy anger (Boundry Defense)
- We feel it’s our responsible for how other people feel and you must not ever disappoint anybody
- Humans are trained to go against their Motherly, Natural instincts
- It’s the attempt to NOT feel pain that makes us sick
- Commit to your healing– What is important to you?
Lack of Control
Lack of information
Learning these stress triggers helps us learn how to better navigate them or provide more information to help the child through a situation.
The child’s brain circuitry is programmed by the Mother’s emotional state.
Books to help us heal
Healing Back Pain: The Mind-Body Connection by John E. Sarno
Hold On to Your Kids: Why Parents Need to Matter More Than Peers
When the Body Says No: Exploring the Stress-Disease Connection Hardcover – January 1, 2011
Scattered: How Attention Deficit Disorder Originates and What You Can Do About It
The Myth of Normal: Trauma, Illness, and Healing in a Toxic Culture Sep 13, 2022
In the Realm of Hungry Ghosts: Close Encounters with Addiction
Through this site you will find links to different products.
As an Amason associate I earn commission on sales.